This recipe was prepared by chef Andy Brooks from the Olympia Restaurant in Lindsay using our beef at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto in 2010.
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 5 pounds uncooked roast beef
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 spanish onion
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 French bread stick
- cheddar cheese sliced or shredded
- Slice onions and peppers and set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut roast beef into thin strips.
- Tenderize beef. Set aside.
- In a frying pan heat up 2 tablespoons of oil. Add peppers and onions. Sautee.
- In a separate pan, heat remaining oil. Add strips of beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for two minutes, turning. Set aside.
- Mix butter and chopped garlic together.
- Slice bread stick in half lengthwise and spread with garlic butter.
- Layer beef, peppers and onions on bottom half of breadstick. Place cheese on top half.
- Bake in oven until cheese is golden brown.
- Cut into pieces for serving.