Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- string for tying the squash
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add diced onion and ground beef. Cook over a medium heat.
- Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper to tasted.
- Drain off any excess fat and stuff the mixture into the squash.
- Tie squash halves together and place in baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Heat tomato sauce.
- Remove squash from oven and remove beef mixture.
- Mix beef mixture into tomato sauce.
- Take squash out of skin and arrange on plates.
- Pour sauce over squash and serve.